In the nursing profession “Care, Compassion, Competence, Communication, Courage, Commitment” are the 6Cs that are essential for the rapid recovery of patients. In hospitals, the nurses and the hospital’s staff need to provide high-quality, compassionate care in order to achieve excellent health and well-being outcomes. The behavior and the style of work of nursing professionals are essential for providing a great experience to the patients. Rapid recovery and overwhelming experience of the patients help them to receive a great image on the organization. Along with this, the patients that have been amazed by the services and care of the hospital staff recommend others to come in their critical condition. Therefore, in this study detail, a discussion on the 6C’s Of Nursing will be done. The background of the implementation of 6C in nursing will be identified first. In addition to this more attention will be paid to the importance of the 6C’s Of Nursing in the hospital management system will also be highlighted in the study.
In the year 2012 NHS of England published “Nursing, Midwifery and Care Staff Our Vision and Strategy” a policy document. The policy document was developed by the chief nursing officer for England Jane Cummings and the “director of nursing at the Department of Health and lead nurse at Public Health England” Viv Bennett. They made the strategy for the nurses and care staff and instructed them to follow the strategy for providing high-quality, and compassionate care in order to bring excellence in the health and well-being outcomes of the patients. In the NHS constitution the values, pledges, and rights were mentioned for the patients, the public, and the staff (Jones, 2019). The strategy was not supported by government funding and this covers fundamental values which have been designed to support professionals and care staff in the purpose of delivering excellent care. These values were “care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment” and subsequently known as the “6Cs of nursing” (O’Driscoll et al. 2018). These six values cover six different action areas and pay equal attention to each factor for the benefit of patients. The strategy defines that the health of the patients is the major factor that the nurses must have to pay attention. In order to do this, all types of precautionary measures must have to be taken. The purpose of the 6Cs is to ensure this factor that all the patients have been looked after with extreme care and compassion by the nursing professionals and the health care workers (Nuttall and Pezaro, 2020). In order to make changes in the physical condition of the patients building effective communication is the most important factor. Competent workers can make communications proficiently and commit to delivering fruitful results day by day. This has launched in the year 2012, however, this is relevant in the present situation. There are many changes that have been identified with time in policies and ideas, however, the need to look after patients with great care, compassion, and dignity may remain the same always. To know more about 6Cs of nursing students can take help from nursing dissertation help experts online.
6 Cs Of Nursing
A brief discussion on the 6Cs of nursing has been done here in this section. The six components are “care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment”. All the nurse are pledge to follow all these factors in their duty hours for providing best facilities to the patients.
Care is the most important part of serving patients. The care that the healthcare professionals provide helps each individual to bring betterment to their condition. Care is the only factor that helps in the improvement of the health condition of the whole community (Jones, 2019). Caring is the parameter that defines the medical caregivers and the level of work. People always expect to receive care according to every stage of their life. Care is the only factor that helps people to overcome drastic scenarios in their lives.
Compassion is another factor in the 6Cs of nursing. According to essay typer , Compassion defines the way care is given through the establishment of relationships on the basis of empathy, respect, and dignity (Morgan, 2019). This can also be described as intelligent kindness. This is the central component that describes how people perceive care for themselves.
Competence can be described as the ability of an individual to understand the physical and social needs of that particular person in order to provide effective care. Analyzing the demand of the patient is the most important factor in the recovery process (Bagley et al. 2018). The presence of clinical and technical knowledge of the healthcare expertise is essential for providing effective care and treatment depending upon the physical condition and the evidence. Treating patients according to the research evidence and physical history is essential along with an adequate amount of care depending upon the physical and mental demands of the patient.
Communication is one of the most important tools to establish a successful caring relationship with the patients and society. Along with this, it can also be mentioned that communication among the team members of the healthcare professionals is also necessary for better understanding and for increasing the efficiency of the team working (MARTININGSIH et al. 2021). Listening to the conversation is essential before concluding to any particular decision. Communication can be described as the key to establishing a good and positive workplace that provides benefits to the staff to maintain good relationships and to provide the necessary amounts of attention to the patients.
Courage is the factor that helps to conduct the right thing for the people we care about. The courage of an individual also helps to speak up about the factors that we are concerned about (Leigh et al. 2020). In order to innovate new ways of embracing working, personal strength is essential for establishing and proofing the point of view in front of others. In a critical condition, healthcare professionals must have to show courage for taking out the patient from the emergency situation.
Commitment is the vital thing that the public looks towards Healthcare workers. This is necessary for healthcare workers to follow the commitments in their personal life. Following a healthy life and maintaining a code of conduct in social life is helpful in making the healthcare professionals to be the role model of the society (Wild and McGrath, 2018). Healthcare professionals should have to strive for providing the best guidance continuously to the patients for their care and benefits.
These are the 6Cs that have been made by the NHS of England in order to provide better facilities to patients for their quick recovery. All the nurses and other healthcare staffs need to follow the 6 important Cs for facilitating patients with appropriate care and advice which helps them to recover faster.
Importance Of 6Cs In Nursing
Nurses are the backbone of the healthcare industry in the UK. Nurses play a variety of role in the healthcare industry depending upon the day to day responsibilities. The doctors diagnose the patients and prescribe medicines and care for the patients, whereas the nurses and other medical staff take care of the demands and every other necessary factor for the rapid recovery in the physical condition of the patient. Therefore, this is necessary for the nurses to follow these core values in order to do their job in an efficient manner. This is beneficial for the patient’s safety and this can ensure that the patients can receive effective treatment.
- This is beneficial for treating patients in a correct manner. All patients can be treated respectfully without judging any other factors related to the patient. This is also effective for the patients to gain their belief in the nurses (Major, 2019). Increased level of trust on the nurses is both way beneficial for the patient and the nurses to continue their activities.
- According to online assignment help Sydney experts , most of the time in the hospital nurses work under huge pressure. Even under stressed situation the nurses should have to be compassionate for the patients (Kuti and Houghton, 2019). If the patients are critical or the patients come at the end of the shift, the nurses should have to be compassionate with the patients in order to maintain the perspective or views of the patient on them.
- In the present situation changes are occurring in the healthcare sector regularly. The nurses need to be updated with the constant changes and need to gather knowledge and skills on the latest practice methods. This could be beneficial for the nurses to handle difficult cases. Training on the advanced technology used in the healthcare sector is beneficial for the nurses to handle the new technology (Klingenberg and Pelletier, 2019). With the help of this day could be able to manage their work pressure and also can provide better facilities to the patients. This is beneficial for increasing patient’s trust factor on the health Care organization.
- The excellent communication skill of the nurses is effective in addressing the issues faced by the patients. Any kind of insecurities the patients faced, can share to the nurses. This is beneficial for making a good relationship between the nurses and the patients (Fitriani et al. 2019). Along with this addressing issue with effective communication make the procedure easier for the nurses to take care of the patients. In addition to this in a multi-cultural society listening capacity of the nurses must have to be increased in order to communicate with them. Communication is also necessary for making good terms with coworkers in the team which increase efficiency. Therefore, with the help of communication skill nurses can solve the issues of multilingual people coming to the hospitals.
- In most of the cases it has been found that the patients are afraid of sharing their issues with the doctors as they get nervous in the hospital infrastructure. Here the values of the nurses are essential for making the patients comfortable with the hospital environment that they could be able to discuss sincerely on the issues faced by the patient.
- Following these values is beneficial for the nurses for growing awareness among the patients and the society. They could be able to make health improvements for the children and young people. Increasing care and affection towards the patients and well treatment methods had been beneficial for the society to make a healthy society (Puspawati et al. 2021). This is also effective in reducing the mortality rate of the society. Health condition of the people can be developed due to the core values followed by the nurses.
- For example, it can be stated that if the nurses follow all the values while performing their roles and responsibilities then the faith of the patients may grow in the organization. The speedy recovery of the patients provides them faith in the organization and they will come to the hospital whenever they find any crisis. Along with this they will also recommend the services of the nurses to others. Therefore, it can be stated that the performance of the nurses is essential for saving lives of the patients and in addition to this is also necessary for creating the image of the organization. For more information students can take assistance from diploma of nursing experts.
Discussion on the 6Cs takes place in the above section. From the discussion it has been identified that the six core values must have to be followed by the nurses for providing better facilities and services to the patients visited to the healthcare organization. Following these 6 core values is effective in identification of the issues of the patients, and depending upon that necessary care and compassion can be shown to the patients. When the nurses follow all the values, they successfully manage to build a great relationship with the patients and their family members. Services provided by the nurses helps in speedy recovery of the patients and they could also be able to make trust on the nurses. This is beneficial in building a healthy society and the better services of the nurses can ensure the health of children and young people of the society.
Bagley, C., Abubaker, M. and Sawyerr, A., 2018. Personality, work-life balance, hardiness, and vocation: A typology of nurses and nursing values in a special sample of English hospital nurses. Administrative Sciences, 8(4), p.79.
Ellis, P., 2020. Person-centred assessment and practice. Patient assessment and care planning in nursing. 3rd edn. London: Learning Matters, pp.6-20.
Fitriani, R., Yetti, K. and Kuntarti, K., 2019. Analysis of workload and occupational commitment: Their relationship to the caring behaviors of nurses in a hospital. Enfermeria clinica, 29, pp.634-639.
Jones, N.P., 2019. The 6Cs. Learning to care: the nursing associate. London: Elsevier, pp.74-82.
Klingenberg, M.K.R. and Pelletier, C., 2019. The practice of selecting for values in nursing. Journal of Organizational Ethnography.
Kuti, B. and Houghton, T., 2019. Service user involvement in teaching and learning: student nurse perspectives. Journal of Research in Nursing, 24(3-4), pp.183-194.
Leigh, J.A., Bolton, M., Cain, K., Harrison, N., Yates-Bolton, N.J. and Ratcliffe, S.M., 2020. Student experiences of nursing on the front line during the COVID-19 pandemic. British Journal of Nursing, 29(13), pp.788-789.
Major, D., 2019. Developing effective nurse leadership skills. Nursing Standard, 34(6), pp.61-66.
MARTININGSIH, W., Winarni, S. and Alvarado, A.E., 2021. Nursing profession, caring and discipline. Health Notions, 5(2), pp.59-61.
Morgan, R., 2019. Using seminars as a teaching method in undergraduate nurse education. British Journal of Nursing, 28(6), pp.374-376.
Nuttall, S. and Pezaro, S., 2020. The value nurses and midwives hold. British Journal of Midwifery, 28(1), pp.22-22.
O’Driscoll, M., Allan, H., Liu, L., Corbett, K. and Serrant, L., 2018. Compassion in practice—Evaluating the awareness, involvement and perceived impact of a national nursing and midwifery strategy amongst healthcare professionals in NHS Trusts in England. Journal of clinical nursing, 27(5-6), pp.e1097-e1109.
Puspawati, N.W.N., Suwastini, N.K.A., Hutapea, J.V., Dantes, G.R. and Adnyani, N.L.P.S., 2021, March. Consumption and production of short film: Toward the conceptualization of multimodal language learning for developing 6Cs skills in the digital age. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1810, No. 1, p. 012054). IOP Publishing.
Wild, K. and McGrath, M., 2018. Public health and health promotion for nurses at a glance. John Wiley & Sons.