When a disease is spread from one person to another significantly in multiple countries at the same time it is called a pandemic. 2009 was the last time when a pandemic occurred with swine flu which killed almost 2,84,500 people worldwide.
The world is currently going through a crisis situation with the coronavirus pandemic which started in 2019. It is on going pandemic commonly called COVID 19. This started in December 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei province of China. It was declared as a public health emergency of international concern by the World Health Organization on 30th January 2020. They recognized it to be a pandemic on 11th March 2020. As on 3rd April more than 1.01 million cases have been reported of COVID-19 in more than 180 countries and 200 territories throughout the world with 53000 deaths and 2,12000 recovery.
The virus spreads through close contact. The common symptoms include fever, cough and breathing difficulties, the disease leads to pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome. We have not been able to develop any vaccine against this disease. Some of the steps to prevent COVID-19 are covering of mouth while coughing, maintaining distance from other people, hand washing and self -isolation or quarantine.
The entire world is undergoing lockdown in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. The biggest question that most students are asking is that How safe is the academic career for students who dream of building a career abroad? And what can we do about it?
In this article we are going to discuss how is COVID 19 effecting the academic career of students and what measures are being taken to safeguard their career.
Overseas education contributes a large part in the world economy. But, with a pandemic as this the academic career of students in under constant threat.
Effect Of Covid-19 On Students
- The schools, colleges, and universities have been shut down completely and students have been asked to stay at home.
- Countries have closed most of the services except for essential services everything else has been closed down.
- Exams have been postponed.
- Universities have suspended academic life and moved online wherever it was possible. Students are pursuing education through online assignment help. This is an online service which helps students do their assignments on time sitting at home.
- Semesters are being marked pass and fail only.
- Faculty appointments have been frozen and, in some cases, even withdrawn by the management.
- The tenure-clocks are being reset due to the uncertainty of the pandemic.
- Graduating students who had plans of pursuing higher education abroad are now searching for alternatives.
- The universities are loosing revenue that was coming from international students.
Measures That Can Be Taken To Safeguard The Academic Career Of Students
Looking at the grievousness of the situation several measures are being taken by the government to safeguard the interest of the students.
The one thing that is clear to the world is that the only way to secure the academic career of students is shifting to online learning.
We have no idea whether this pandemic is going to last long or have a short tenure. So, most universities are gearing themselves up for long-term consequences.
- The physical classrooms have been converted to audio visual classrooms. Students can attend classes sitting in their homes with no fear of physical exposure to the virus.
- There is assignment help available for students where students can seek the help of online teachers who help them write their assignments.
- The Universities are offering financial aid to students.
- A period of relaxation would be given by the universities to the students considering this years applicants in a special pool with next years fresh applicants.
- Students who are not being able to go abroad this year for higher education are spending the year in local online learning. They can avail essay help which is an online service which helps students in writing their essays and assignments.
The world is going through uncertain times. No one knows how long will the COVID-19 pandemic last. The entire education system is under threat. There are deeper consequences if the pandemic persists for long.
- It can affect the student’s willingness to travel abroad for higher education.
- Students can undergo severe restrictions in the field of global education. Predicting these difficulties in advance essay writers are getting themselves geared up to assist students in their assignments. Which would in turn lesser the percentage of loss in their academic career.
- Students would be unwilling to invest in foreign education in case the pandemic lasts long.
Seeing the current situation of the world SourceEssay extends help to thousands of students with more than 600 assignment writer who are assisting students to keep track of their studies. With their expertise they are not only writing assignments for students but also guiding them wherever they are getting stuck in their assignments. Their dedicated team of customer support are keeping in touch with the students 24*7 and make sure, they are not under unnecessary stress.
These are difficult times and everyone understands that there are financial constraints.
The assignments are customized as per the requirements of the students keeping the charges at bare minimum. So, that the students don’t face difficulties in paying for the service.
The research students who are stuck with their dissertations due to the sudden close down of universities can also seek help from expert PhD holders who are assisting students in writing their dissertations.
We can thus say that with the help of these online services we can slowly overcome the challenges faced by academic institution and students due to the onset of COVID-19.