Trimester – T3 2020
Unit Code – BN202
Unit Title – Internetworking Technologies
Assessment Title – Assignment 2 – Network Requirement Analysis And Plan
Weight – 30%
Assignment 2 Description
Part A: Business Case Study: Network Design Proposal For Evergreen Hospital In Melbourne
A new warehouse storage service in Victoria, called VICWarehouse Pty Ltd, has three locations at different suburbs which are Footscray (70 hosts), Ballarat (40 hosts) and Bundoora (20 hosts) with Headquarters (HQ) in Melbourne CBD to capture large number of customers in the area. The Footscray warehouse has four-separated building. These four buildings have 6, 14, 22 and 28 hostsrespectively. The last building at Footscray is two storey buildings and the hosts are used by both marketing and finance departments in each level of the building. VICWarehouse Pty Ltd has consulted with your group to design a cost-effective intranet that fulfils its needs.
Staff in all the branches and in HQ have access to the WLAN as well. There will be a need for separate VLANs supporting the users. Some of the employees may telecommute from their homes over the weekends. Each of the employees whether they are in company or telecommuting need to be connected with a secure connection over a wired or a Wireless LAN connection, whichever may be available.
VICWarehouse gets a significant portion of their orders through their on-line ordering facilities. Web-based orders (online) get stored in their central file server(s), which is located in Melbourne, but should be accessible from any branch using appropriate networking technologies. The reliability of their file and web servers is of high importance.
Furthermore, the servers need to be protected from malicious computer attacks and unauthorized access. Facility to carry out audit checks needs to be provided as well to so as to keep track of the exact activity along with the date and time at which an employee carried out a computer system based activity. The activity could include doing task(s) such as installation of new software, changes in Webpage etc.
- Project Scope and Objectives
- Project requirements (Hardware & Software in form of table.
Detailed Network Design in Packet Tracer which includes
- All switches
- All routers
- VLAN (Virtual LAN)
- VTP (VLAN Trunking Protocol)
- All PCs
Network device configurations
a. Switch Configuration:
- Set IP addresses on PC and switch
- Create VLAN – Ping each other
- Set VTP domain with your first name
- Set VTP password with your family name
- Demonstrate VTP packets
b. Router Configuration
- Set descriptions on interfaces, one with your name, second with your family name, third with your middle name
- Display information about directly connected devices to router
- Setup IP addresses for each interface
- What is the subnet mask did you use? – Ping all routers.
Part B: Answer the Following Questions
1. Explain the addressing mechanism for the data travelling from source to destination when they are in different networks.
2. Make a research on all versions of http and list each of them with details.
3. Give an example that how a poorly designed interface can lead a product towards failure. Also give an example that how a well-designed interface can lead a product towards Success.
Marking Criteria BN202 Internetworking Technologies Assignment – Melbourne Institute Of Technology
Order BN202 Internetworking Technologies Assignment From Sourceessay.com And Get Online Assignment Help.
Need Programming assignment help Adelaide? Hire SourceEssay online assignment expert for high quality of programming assignments and boost your grades.