According to Webster’s Dictionary, a dissertation is “an extended and typically written treatment of a subject. More specifically, a treatment written and submitted to achieve a doctorate degree.”
An integral part of MBA students pursuing their master degree in Management is the successful completion of a research dissertation. Dissertation writing requires use of scientific method, which means you start with a hypothesis, and then collect evidence that either supports or denies that hypothesis. Dissertations should be systematically written for technical audiences, but do not have to be exactly comprehensive. Your dissertation requires you to complete the research, pose a theory, implement experimentation if required, and write clearly and precisely to prove your original thesis.
As MBA degree is a study into the theory and application of business management principles, often applied to a variety of real world business situations. It would therefore be sensible to choose your topic for MBA dissertation writing on the most common subject areas of an MBA degree. This could range from topic on Operations, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Information Technology, Human Resources, E-Commerce, Economics, Entrepreneurship
Key Dissertation writing tips:
As much details as possible should be included in your Dissertation writing. You can ensure this by breaking down the research method, from the literature review right through to analyzing the data, into a series of step-by-step stages.
Providing plenty of detail is essential, but you also need to explain your selections. The rationale behind adopting a particular approach should be clarified. Choosing a certain sample size? The benefits of the techniques chosen?
Knowing the limitations of the methods you use is just as important as understanding their strengths. Your methodology should admit these limitations, irrespective of whether they’re the result of a cautious choice, human error or just a lack of necessary resources required.
Contemporary research stresses on high ethical standards, including pursuing agreement from all contributors, protecting privacy and ensuring that risks are minimized. Such ethical concerns should be accurately recorded in your research.
The precise approaches that you select to use in your research are crucial to its success. It is worth spending plenty of time on this section to ensure that you get it right. As always, draw on the resources easily available to you without any major effort. This could be possible by discussing your plans in detail with your guide or supervisor who may be able to advice whether your approach has any major flaws which you could resolve tactically.
Use appendices as a place to put any indirectly relevant material when writing up your methodology. This may include surveys, consent forms and any other documentation used in your research.
Top 10 Dissertation topics for MBA Students:
- Implementation of Micro Finance
- Which quality improvement tool is best suited to the construction industry?
- A review into theoretical concepts and models in regards to the management of change and conflict.
- Analysis into the relationship between stock price and market efficiencies
- An Investigation into the effects of E-Marketing and Online animated advertising on consumer buying behavior
- An analysis on how innovative companies gain a Competitive Advantage through Effective Management of Technology
- An Analysis into how correctly implemented systems and procedures reduce the risk associated with new product development
- An analysis into the impact of knowledge management on strategic planning
- Evaluation of best HR practices towards improving employee commitment
- Strategies to continually maintain customers’ satisfaction and trust levels on electronic shopping